This notice provides highlights of the full privacy notice that currently applies to Minnick’s collection and use of information from any device used to access or connect to our website, services, and software.
The Minnick’s Privacy Notice was last updated effective 7/15/2017.
We collect and receive information about you and your device when you give it to us directly, when you visit our website, and from certain third-party sources. If you follow us through social media, some of your data is visible to us on an anonymous basis, like your country, city, and language spoken, or if location services are turned on, whether you live near Minnick’s. See our Privacy Notice, below, for further information.
Minnick’s may share your personal information in limited circumstances, including when we have your consent to do so or when sharing is necessary to protect Minnick’s or comply with the law. Our agents and contractors may have access to your information, but only to perform services for Minnick’s. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may, however, share some of your information with data analytics providers that help us know our customers and website visitors better.
- You can manage cookies using browser controls.
- You can specify whether you want to receive advertising from us by email or text messages (SMS) by indicating your preferences when you provide your telephone number or email address or by using the “Unsubscribe” option in the body of any of our emails or text messages, but in some cases declining advertising communications may limit your ability to obtain discounts.
We may use your information to make you aware of services that we offer that might be of particular interest to you, but we do not allow third-parties to advertise on our website.
5200 Minnick Road
Laurel, MD 20707
This Notice provides information about data we collect, use, and share, and our commitment to using the personal data we collect in a respectful fashion.
- Privacy Notice Overview
- Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
- What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Collect Information?
- How Do We Use Personal Information?
- When Do We Share Personal Information?
- Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
- What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Information?
- How You Can Correct Inaccuracies
- Data Retention
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Transfers
- Links to Other Websites
- Contact Us
We at Minnick’s, Inc., and our affiliates with whom you have a business relationship (“Minnick’s,” “we,” or “us”) care deeply about privacy, security, and online safety. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is designed to inform you about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information we obtain from individuals through our website (the “Site”), products, services, and web-based applications (collectively, the “Services”).
When you access or use our Services, you acknowledge that you have read this Notice and understand its contents. Your use of our Services and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service (including any applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes).
We may update this Notice at any time as we deem appropriate. Where the changes are material, we will post them here in advance and, if the changes are likely to affect you personally, we will also attempt to contact you directly (such as via email if we have your email address). It is important that you check back from time to time and make sure that you have reviewed the most current version of this Notice.
We rely on a wide variety of information to run our business. In some instances, this information may include data that could be used to identify a particular individual, otherwise referred to as Personal Information. In this Notice, we will provide multiple examples of how Personal Information we collect may be used and why it is important. For example, when a customer asks us to contact them, we require them to provide their phone number, address, and a description of their problem. We also give them the opportunity to provide their name, email address, and Zip Code. Some of the reasons that we collect Personal Information include to:
- Provide our products and Services, including this Site, and improve them over time;
- Personalize and manage our relationship with you, including introducing you to products or Services that may be of interest to you or to provide customer support;
- Investigate, respond to, and manage inquiries or events; and
- Research matters relating to our business.
The following are examples of the type of Personal Information that may be collected. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the Services used:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Credit application information (if you apply for financing);
- Minnick’s purchase or product/service use history;
- Account log-in credentials; or
- Your location.
In addition to the above, we may also collect other information related to user interactions with or use of our Services (“Usage Data”). Much of this Usage Data, for example, clickstream data and aggregate usage statistics, is generally not personally identifying. On the other hand, some of this Usage Data, either alone or when combined or linked with your Personal Information, may allow your identity to be discovered. In such cases, we treat the combined data as Personal Information. In many cases, Usage Data is gathered automatically by systems or technology such as cookies (see more information about Information Collected Automatically below).
The following are examples of the type of Usage Data that may be collected by Minnick’s from your web browser or related to your interactions with our products and Services:
- Details about your computers, devices, applications, and networks (including IP address, browser characteristics, device ID, operating system, and language preferences);
- Activities on our websites and usage patterns (including referring URLs, dates and times of website visits, and clickstream data); and
- Details about Internet or network usage (including URLs or domain names of websites you visit, information about applications that attempt to access your network, or traffic data).
We collect information directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Services and, in some cases, from third parties.
Information That You Give Us: Typically the information we collect directly from you are your contact details, payment or billing data, and relationship information like the content of customer service requests that you initiate, reviews you submit on our products, or responses to surveys. You decide how much information to share with us in most cases, but not sharing required information may limit your ability to obtain certain Services.
Information Collected Automatically: When you use or interact with our Services, we receive and store information generated by your activity, like Usage Data and other information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. This information may include your IP address; browser type and version; preferred language; geographic location using IP address or the GPS, wireless, or Bluetooth technology on your device; operating system and computer platform; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site, including date and time; products or Services you viewed or searched for; and areas of our Site that you visited. We also may log the length of time of your visit and the number of times you visit. We may assign you one or more unique identifiers to help keep track of your future visits.
In most cases, this information is generated by various tracking technologies. Tracking technologies may include “cookies,” “flash LSOs,” “web beacons” or “web bugs,” and “clear GIFs.” You can read about how we use these tracking technologies here and also learn about the choices you can make to limit their use.
Please see our Cookie Notice for more information about the cookies that we use.
Information from Other Sources: If we receive any information about you from other sources, we may add it to the information we already have about you. For example, if we receive a list of subscribers to a publication and we note that you are a user of our products and also a subscriber, we may combine that information. Examples of information we may receive from other sources includes updated service or payment information that we use to correct our records, purchase or redemption information, page view, and search term and search result information.
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To Provide Our Services. We use the information we collect and receive to provide you with the Services you use or request. For example, our website allows you to contact us and specify a request for service, rather than having to wait to call us on the phone. The information allows us to determine which of our locations is nearest you and what we will need to be of help. If you need help paying for our products and Services, you can provide us with information that will help you obtain financing rather than having to make your own financing arrangements./li>
- To Improve Our Services. We also use the information we collect and receive to provide you with notice of available pricing discounts and to remind you when it is time for you to have your equipment maintained, which will probably help your equipment to last longer and function better.
- To Improve Our Communication. We also use the information we collect and receive to better communicate with you. It will be a lot easier for us to communicate if Minnick’s can use all available technologies, such as email and text messaging, rather than having to rely on just telephone communications or ordinary (snail) mail.
- To Know More About Our Customers and Site Visitors. We use a variety of analytical tools to better know our customers and Site visitors, so that we can better understand how we can communicate with and serve them. The analytical tools that we use include:
- Social Media. Social networking services (like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) enable you to log in to certain of our Services and to share things you find on our Services with your social network. If you choose to connect with a social networking service, such as Facebook, we may share information with that service, and that service may share information about you with us. It’s important to remember that we don’t control the privacy practices of these (or any other) third-party services. Please look at the privacy notices of these services to better understand what information of yours they share and what your privacy choices are before connecting to them.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics provides us with various reports based on non-personally identifiable information. To provide website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed an opt-out browser add-on that is discussed and can be accessed by clicking here.
- To Perform Other Activities Consistent With This Notice.
Note that some of these companies participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers with choices about whether to receive targeted ads. To learn more, please visit the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. For more information about privacy related to our Services, please visit Analytics and Privacy.
We respect the importance of privacy. Other than as provided in this privacy notice, we do not sell your Personal Information, nor do we share it with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use, unless we have your consent or we are required by law to do so. Generally, we may disclose the information we collect, including Personal Information, in order to facilitate our provision of the Services or communications with customers (e.g., to service providers who perform functions on our behalf), to operate our business, to advertise or promote our Services, to facilitate changes to or transfers of our business, as required by law, or with your consent.
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Data Processors. We may share personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information with select data processors, who may use the information for a variety of our purposes, including to help us understand who our customers and website visitors are and to provide them with our relevant advertising.
- CaptureCode, Inc. (“CaptureCode”). CaptureCode, Inc. (www.capturecode.com) helps us engage our customers through marketing programs that are delivered to customers via e-mail, mobile devices, and social media. These programs include marketing programs and rewards offerings through our Minnick’s VIP Club. We share your name, email address, and mobile telephone number with CaptureCode, and give you an opportunity to specify during the sign-up process whether you want to receive VIP Club advertising emails or text messaging.
- Customer Lobby, LLC (“Customer Lobby”). Customer Lobby (www.customerlobby.com) uses information provided by Minnick’s to more accurately predict when it would be best to contact our customers concerning HVAC maintenance Services that they need and to communicate with our customers in a variety of ways. We share information with Customer Lobby that you provide to us on our website, through our call center, and when you purchase our products and Services, or from other sources. This information may be combined with other information available through social media or other sources available to us or to Customer Lobby.
- HVAC Business Solutions, LLC (“HVAC BS”). HVAC BS (www.pictureperfectpricing.com) helps Minnick’s offer immediate, on-site HVAC pricing, service explanations, and scheduling service called the Picture Perfect Pricing Service (“P3”). Through P3, Minnick’s dispatches, schedules, alerts for service, and sends customer email marketing and reporting. We share with P3 some of the information that you provide to us on our website, through our call center, and when you purchase our products and Services.
- Other Data Controllers. Our website visitors have the opportunity to apply for financing of HVAC Services through a portal on our website provided by Service Finance Company, LLC (“Service Finance”). The online Service Finance credit application requires the disclosure of such personally identifiable information as name, cell phone number, telephone number, birth date, and social security number, and other information deemed necessary by Service Finance to consider the credit application. Service Finance’s privacy notice is found at this link: https://www.svcfin.com/#privacy-notice. Minnick’s does not use the information gathered by Service Finance.
- Other Parties in Response to Legal Process or When Necessary to Protect Our Services. We may disclose your information when directed by a court to do so or when reasonably necessary to protect the interests of Minnick’s.
- Other Parties in Connection with Certain Business Transactions. In the event that the ownership of Minnick’s or their assets changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, your information may be transferred to another company. If we believe a transfer results in a material change in the use of the information we’ve collected or received about you, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of the transfer.
The data processors with whom we share information are currently:
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. Minnick’s currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with our customers and what Personal Information we obtain about them.
- You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us by email or text by clicking on the unsubscribe link or following other instructions in our marketing emails or texts, or by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
- You may change your browser settings to refuse to accept cookies, adjust your privacy settings with Google Analytics, and change your privacy settings with the social media sites you use.
- To remove your Personal Information from a Minnick’s website testimonial, please contact us.
If you choose to no longer receive marketing information, Minnick’s may still communicate with you regarding such things as billing, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing/administrative purposes.
If you become aware of inaccuracies in your Personal Information that you want to correct or want to delete your Personal Information from our records, please contact us to let us know.
The time periods for which we retain your Personal Information depend on the purposes for which we use it. Minnick’s will keep your Personal Information for as long as we have a business purpose to do so, and thereafter, unless otherwise prohibited by law. The information we collect may be stored and processed in servers in the United States and wherever Minnick’s and our service providers have facilities around the globe.
The Site is not intended for use by children. Minnick’s does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
Minnick’s is headquartered in the United States, but uses service providers throughout the United States who in turn may use cloud computing services or cloud storage throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Minnick’s. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or use of any websites that are not affiliated with Minnick’s.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, or would like to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us at: Minnick’s, Inc., 5200 Minnick Road, Laurel, MD 20707, email@example.com.
We use analytics to help us better understand who our customers and website visitors are. For more information, please visit Analytics and Privacy.
A data controller is a person or company that has authority to decide how and why personal information is processed.
A data subject is an individual to whom particular information refers or relates.
A data processor is a person or company that processes data for and only as directed by a data controller.
Device identifiers are strings of letters and numbers that can be used to distinguish one device from other devices. These identifiers can be used in various ways and for a variety of purposes. For example, identifiers may be used to remember your preferences in connection with a website or app, for analytics purposes, or to provide relevant ads to the device. Apple’s iOS Advertising Identifier (IDFA), Google’s Android Advertising ID, and Verizon Wireless’s UIDH are examples of device identifiers.
Personal information is information that identifies a specific person. It includes name, address, telephone number, email address, payment card number, and government-issued identification number.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information is every kind of information except for Personal Information.
Our Site uses online technologies called HTML cookies to track visitors, but does not use other technologies, such as “Flash cookies,” “web beacons,” “Device Fingerprinting,” “Device Graph,” and other Device Identifiers. Here is what these various technologies are and how they function:
Minnick’s does not use other types of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (sometimes called “Flash cookies”), in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to HTML cookies in that they are stored on your device and can be used to maintain information about your activities and preferences. However, these other local storage technologies may use parts of your device other than your browser, which means you may not be able to control their use using the browser tools and settings that you use to control HTML cookies. For more information about managing Flash cookies, please visit the Adobe Flash Player website. Your browser’s privacy controls may enable you to manage other types of local storage.
Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages, videos, and in emails that can communicate information about your browser and device to a server. Beacons can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit a Web page or read an email, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing a Web page or email.
Device graph or “device correlation” involves techniques using IP addresses, mobile technologies, and proprietary methods to determine if multiple devices may relate to the same user. This can enable the customization of ads, and other functions.
Minnick’s uses or has used the following the following cookies:
- calltrk_referrer – Tracks the last website visited prior to landing on a website.
calltrk_landing – Tracks the website or webpage landed on by the visitor.
_ga – Google Analytics – Used to distinguish users
_gat – Google Analytics tracking cookie.
_utma – Google Analytics – This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information from this cookie to calculate things like Days and Visits to purchase. Expires 2 years after visit.
_unam – ShareThis – This third party cookie is used by the ShareThis service and allows you to use the Share buttons on each page across various social networks such as Twitter, Facebook etc. The “_unam” cookie monitors web pages viewed, navigation and time spent on each page.
__atuvc – AddThis – This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget. This widget is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. It stores an updated page share count.
__atuvs – AddThis – This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms.
Minnick’s no longer uses Hubspot as an analytics provider, but some of the following of Hubspot’s cookies may still be on the computers of people who visited the Site in the last two years:
- __hstc – Hubspot – The main cookie for tracking visitors. It contains: the domain, utk (see below), initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session).
hubspotutk – Hubspot – This cookie is used for to keep track of a visitor’s identity. This cookie is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when de-duplicating contacts.
__hssc – Hubspot — Cookie for keeping track of sessions. This is used to determine if Hubspot should increment the session number and timestamps in the __hstc cookie. It contains: the domain, viewCount (increments each pageView in a session), session start timestamp.
__hssrc — Whenever HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set. It is set to the value “1”, and used to determine if the user has restarted their browser.